PURPOSE – This consent assists students, parents so that they understand what are they responsible for providing the services during the event.
You must know the following information in order to be a part of an on-campus or off-campus event:
- The student volunteer has to take the responsibility of the event by his/her own will.
- The student volunteer will have to manage his/her time effectively as all events related work will be apart from their regular academic and extracurricular schedule. Students will need to balance all their activities appropriately.
- The student volunteer will not miss classes unless absolutely unavoidable/urgent for any event-related work. They can use HRM slots unless there’s an important agenda e.g. XBox. They should use their breaks for the meetings as they have a good 40-50 min of break which can be used productively.
- It is a student-led event and they need to conduct those meetings themselves. Teacher monitoring of meetings is neither possible nor required.
- The student volunteer can not use event-related work as a reason to not do homework, assignments or examinations.
- The school will not be held responsible for any meetings that the students hold outside of school related to events.
- The student volunteer is not expected to use event-related work as an excuse for unnecessary meetings with friends in public places or otherwise.
- The student volunteer cannot use cell phones for event-related work in school. It can be used only if there is an urgent requirement with prior permission with staff event in charge. Also for bringing gadgets like I pad, I phone, cameras and desktops(CPUs) prior permission is needed.
- It’s a school event so it has to be of great quality. Whatever work is required must be done in time and with quality.
- The school’s reputation is in the hands of the student volunteer. So s/he must act, behave and talk appropriately and responsibly at all times.
- Any promises that student volunteer makes must be well-considered and cleared with the teacher mentor beforehand.
- The student volunteer will need to work with other students and teachers effectively.
- In short, the student volunteer needs to practice the school mission statement, showing primary greatness through the practice of the 7 Habits.
- The student volunteer must get parental consent for the event volunteers and submit the signed document to the teacher mentor.
- Once the parent and the student volunteer have signed the consent, they can not withdraw from it. If the student withdraws from the event at the last minute, s/he will be barred to participate in any other event for the academic year.
Name of the Event:________________________________________________________________________
Dates & Timings of Event: ____________________________ Event Location: _________________________
STUDENT VOLUNTEER DECLARATION:
Name of student: ______________________________________ Grade & Section: _________________________
I ______________________, agree to abide by the school guidelines and accept responsibilities of the position of
________________________ for this event. Signature of the Student: ___________________________
I ____________________________, have read and understood school guidelines and as a parent, approve my
child’s volunteership for the above mentioned event. Signature of the Parent: ____________________________